Colorful buttons

One done

Yesterday night we finished fully assembling the first robot. What’s missing now are the cabling and the software, as well as the other robots. So hopefully it won’t be long before we can start showing videos again.

#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img {
border: 2px solid #cfcfcf;
}
#gallery-1 .gallery-caption {
margin-left: 0;
}
/* see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php */

Legs with torso

Rails to hold the electronics and the battery

Waiting for the arms and the head

Fully assembled, sitting around while the FU Racing Team is occupying the field.

Only cabling and software is missing now.

Notice the bars we added to the legs, these are helping keeping the legs stiff.

The back of the robot. The additional motor at the back helps balance the torso.

Many legs

Yesterday we got the new link parts for the legs. Having now all parts for the legs together, we just had to put one pair of legs together. Tomorrow we hope to finish the upper body, so if all goes well there is one completely assembled robot on Friday (wish us luck).

#gallery-2 { margin: auto;
}
#gallery-2 .gallery-item {
float: left;
margin-top: 10px;
text-align: center;
width: 33%;
}
#gallery-2 img {
border: 2px solid #cfcfcf;
}
#gallery-2 .gallery-caption {
margin-left: 0;
}
/* see gallery_shortcode() in wp-includes/media.php */

The new leg links.

Assembling the first two legs.

Halfway done.

The huft.

All together.

And standing.

New boards

Almost done are also our new electronic components. On the left you see the new power suppy (not fully assembled) and on the right the updated motorboard which is going to control the servo motors and additionally controls the IMU. 7 weeks and 2 days to go until we leave for RoboCup German Open.

[…]