Excitement and work load grows as the countdown to RoboCup 2010 has started. To be precise, there are 106 days left until this year’s world championship competitions in robot soccer start in Singapore. To get you up to speed on recent developments, here’s a short list of things you might not have been aware of:
- The registration deadline for RoboCup 2010 was in January and we are looking forward to see many of the teams we got to know the last few years again in Singapore. The official website of the Humanoid League has a list of all participating teams as well as their qualification videos and details to their interesting developments.
- Our qualification video has been watched quite a lot lately. However few have noticed our YouTube Channel with additional videos, for example footage of all of our games at RoboCup 2009. Link: YouTube
- We are now also presenting on some Web 2.0 platforms. Follow us on Twitter or become a fan of the FUmanoids on Facebook.
- The official website of the RoboCup Organization has a new design. Many places are still missing their content but it’s a first step. Redesign of their internet presence and presentation of the RoboCup to the world are the organization’s main goals for this year. Link: Robocup.org
And if you want to see us live in action but can not come to the competitions in Singapore, you can also visit us in Berlin at the following events:
- May 16, 2010 – “Wissenschaftstage im Südwesten” (Schloss, Berlin Steglitz)
- June 5, 2010 – “Lange Nacht der Wissenschaften 2010” (5pm – 1am, Institute of Computer Science)
And we also wanted to shout out to sponsors. If you want to support our efforts this or next year, please take a look at our new sponsoring page for more details.